Megatrends in the IT industry – where will it take us?
IT technology has been the fastest growing technology for quite some time now. It has developed and continues to develop at an accelerating speed. New branches have been born and new names of groups of technology emerge every day making it almost impossible to catch up. Adding to that the pushy surrounding to stand out from the crowd, it seems names of groups of technology emerge within seconds all around… fintech, reg tech, blockchain, wowtech… if you haven’t heard it so far it`s ok it’s probably new or we have just named it as we call it ourselves…
Businesses today are dependent on technology like never in history and this trend is not going away, the dependency is getting stronger. Some things do remain the same, the market leaders dictate the trends and the followers catch up and do their best to stay on track. Both business and common life have changed under the influence of available technology and the impact of Covid -19. Where will all this take us as societies and businesses and how will the world and rules shape it’s hard to say. These are days where we witness that people go to space for fun, not science and exploration, GDPR is taking over in Europe, and companies like Facebook and Google will for the very first time have to pay taxes abroad in countries they operate in…. Obviously, things are moving, IT Technology is dominating the space and things are changing…
In this article we’ll briefly talk about the few trends that everyone agrees are inevitable. What that will mean for business and the market in the future we leave it to you to decide what you will choose to believe in.
As a parallel to the past when IT technology was in its infancy, what can we say about it now? What we once could not have imagined is common today and, as time goes on, is being upgraded more and more. People can no longer live without cell phones, televisions, computers, etc. Technology is slowly but surely taking over a huge part of our lives and none of us can even imagine our lives for a moment without the use of this technology. After all, you would not be able to read this article without the help of technology.
The advantages of technology development are huge. Above all, at the medical level, technology allows more people to be treated for more and more serious diseases and consequently to save more lives. Technology has enabled all of us to communicate faster. The older generation is enabled to communicate more easily with loved ones who have moved away from home. We have smartphones, smartwatches, sound devices that make our lives easier every day. Thanks to this new technology we have an easier and faster opportunity for money transfer. For the business sector, the IT industry certainly has a big contribution to make.
So, let’s take a look at some of the technological upgrades together so that we can know at least for a moment what to think and what to expect. Of course, from one analysis and one reading you cannot become a professional in a field, however, you can get enough information in order to get an idea of what it is about. And who would not want to get an idea of what our future holds?
Here are some new and trending technologies and a brief overview of each:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning – These two technologies are currently in trend. Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) as a part of computer science and have a mutual connection, more precisely one thing affects or depends on another. People in some cases use them as synonyms, but they are two different terms in various cases
- Artificial intelligence is a technology with which we can create intelligent systems that can simulate human intelligence. There are three types of Artificial Intelligence (AI), as follows: Weak AI, General AI, and Strong AI. Now we are working with weak and general AI, but the future is Strong AI. It is more than clear that this is a machine that will have more intelligence than humans.
- Machine learning (ML) is a subfield of Artificial Intelligence (AI). It enables machines to learn from past data or past experiences without being programmed. There are three types of Machine learning, as follows: Supervised learning, Reinforcement Learning, and Unsupervised learning.
Do you want to learn more about the main differences between Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine learning (ML)?
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) – This is a type of software technology with the use of which it’s easier to build, deploy, and manage software robots that surpass humans’ actions interacting with digital systems and software. It’s just like people but the robot can do it faster and more consistently without the need for a coffee break. There are a hundred great examples of the use of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) such as its use in Call center operations, Scheduling systems, Expense management, sales B2B process, etc.
Just for a moment think of all the repetitive daily tasks of employers for example accounting, finance, etc. Now, do you want to know what are the benefits of RPA for businesses?
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality – These are two ways that technology can change the way you look at the world. Nowadays, their usage is increasing and that is why it is of particular importance to understand their definition and later to make a clear distinction between them. From one side virtual reality replaces your vision (basically give an impression that you’re somewhere else and you see a different reality than the one in front of you), and on the other side augmented reality adds to it (basically it puts virtual information on top of it to enhance the experience).
Do you want to know a little bit more about the purpose of virtual reality and augmented reality in education?
- Cyber Security – In order to understand the definition of cybersecurity first we need to understand the definition of cybersecurity threat. Cybersecurity threat refers to unlawfully accessing data, disrupting digital operations, or damaging information. Now that we have understood the definition of a cybersecurity threat, we can emphasize that cybersecurity is defending computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks, and data from malicious attacks.
These are just a few of the many IT trends today and this is just part of their usage. Stay tuned for more, we assure you that it will be useful.
How would IT megatrends affect all businesses worldwide? This is why the IT expansion is so useful for us!
As we can conclude from all that we stated previously, Information technology trends have a solid impact on businesses from all fields. All of these trends are meant to make our life much easier, helping us in finishing all the tasks much faster and effectively. Despite the business’s improvement, our private lives tasks are getting much easier. The communication, access to every data and information that we need has been delivered one click away from our homes.
A perfect example of this is mobile devices (smartphones and tablets). Using them, we have the chance to be available 24/7, communicate with all that we need with just one call, message, click, etc. If we had everything in front of us using PCs, just imagine the advantage of having all the needed information in your pocket. You don’t need to sit in front of your desktop or laptop just to check your email inbox. You can do it via your smartphone. Nowadays, we can also attend online meetings by using our smartphones.
The only thing you need is a good internet connection and everything is possible. In the past, for a stable internet connection, we were visiting internet cafes where we pay hourly for using the internet. Now, we are living in an era when the Internet is available in every corner, mostly for free. This provides us with the opportunity for using IT megatrends in every period of the day.
June 23, 2022
June 15, 2022
June 1, 2022